Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Wheaton Police Department. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Nichol L. Thomas, 30, of the 1500 block of Timber Trail, Wheaton, was charged at 11:59 p.m. Aug. 27 with domestic battery in the 1500 block of Timber Trail.
Oved Marquez, 42, of the 3400 North Paris Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 2:39 a.m. Aug. 25 with driving under the influence of alcohol, illegal transportation of alcohol and improper lane use at Farnham Lane and Haverhill Drive.
• A laptop was stolen from a kitchen counter between 7:45 a.m. and 1:25 p.m. Aug. 27 in the 800 block of Pinegrove Court.
• A wooden door was damaged in an attempt to break into a residence between 12:30 and 8:30 a.m. Aug. 23 in the 500 block of Brighton Drive.
• A victim sent several thousand dollars to a man claiming to be from the IRS for back taxes at 3:30 p.m. Aug. 26 in the 1300 block of Woodcutter Lane.
• Money was stolen from out of a book between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Aug. 26 at 1325 W. Manchester Road.
• Several items were stolen from Mariano's between 5:19 and 6:14 p.m. Aug. 24 at 625 S. Main St.
• Several bottles of liquor were stolen from Mariano's between 6:40 and 6:48 p.m. Aug. 23 at 625 S. Main St.
• An unsecured bicycle was stolen from outside of a residence between 8 p.m. Aug. 25 and 6 a.m. Aug. 26 in the 1000 block of Gallant Court.
• A cell phone, razor, cigarettes and a wallet chain were discovered stolen from a lock box in the County Complex Parking Garage at 8:45 a.m. Aug. 26 at 509 N. County Farm Road.
• Maria G. Perezchica, 37, of the 300 block of Stimmel Street, West Chicago, was charged at 5:20 p.m. Aug. 25 with retail theft at 401 S. County Farm Road.
• A fraudulent purchase was made on a debit card at 7 p.m. Aug. 27 in the 100 block of South Lorraine Road.
• A woman attempting to sell a freezer on Craigslist was given a fraudulent check and wired money back to the sender at 1:48 p.m. Aug. 20 in the 1800 block of North Gary Avenue.
• A fraudulent purchase was made from a bank account at 1 p.m. Aug. 12 in the 1700 block of Rose Court.
Eduardo E. Elguezebal, 22, of the 100 block of North Ahrens Avenue, Lombard, was charged at 11:26 p.m. Aug. 23 with possession of marijuana, possession of drug equipment and driving with a suspended license at Lambert and Roosevelt roads.
• The hood of a parked vehicle was scratched between 8 p.m. Aug. 22 and 9 a.m. Aug. 23 in the 300 block of Brighton Drive.
• The hood of a parked vehicle was scratched between 4:15 p.m. Aug. 22 and 1 p.m. Aug. 23 in the 300 block of Brighton Drive.
• Two teens yelled obscenities and exposed themselves to several individuals at Gables Park at 5:42 p.m. Aug. 27 at 1750 S. Naperville Road.
• Charles E. Mitchell, 26, of the 700 block of West Liberty Drive, Wheaton, was charged at 11 p.m. Aug. 26 with criminal property damage and disorderly conduct at 208 W. Union Ave.
• Adonis P. Clark, 37, of the 700 block of West Liberty Drive, Wheaton, was charged at 11 p.m. Aug. 26 with disorderly conduct at 208 W. Union Ave.
• Adam E. Nelson, 23, of the 17500 block of Village Lane, Lockport, and Matthew M. Brown, 38, of the 1600 block of Theodore Street, Joliet, were arrested on warrants at 2:13 p.m. Aug. 29 in the 1000 block of West Roosevelt Road.
• Elaine Y. Wiley, 55, of the 3S200 block of Twin Pines Drive, Warrenville, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear for possession of marijuana at 11:49 a.m. Aug. 28 at 3S200 Twin Pines Drive, Warrenville.