• 24th Annual Christmas Drive – For needy District 202-area families. Make monetary donations payable to PTSO Needy Family Drive. Mail to Plainfield High School-Central Campus, Attn. Audrey Stein, 24120 W. Fort Beggs Drive, Plainfield, IL 60544. To adopt a family, contact Linda Hanley at 815-439-2670 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Stein at 815-436-3200 or email@example.com.
• Christmas for Tots Drive – Accepting monetary donations or donations of new toys, clothing and food through Dec. 19. The Peter Claver Center at 172 S. Chicago St. in Joliet has offered this program for over 60 years. Last year, it distributed $17,000 worth of toys to children in need. For more information, call 815-722-9121.
• Gently Used Toys, Books, Games and DVD video collection event – Through Dec. 16. Drop-off locations: Grundy County Administration Building, 1320 Union St., Morris; Coal City Public Library, 85 N. Garfield St., Coal City; Morris Public Library, 604 Liberty St., Morris; Minooka Three Rivers Library, 109 N. Wabena Ave., Minooka; Channahon Three Rivers Library, 25207 W. Channahon Drive, Channahon; Fossil Ridge Library, 386 W. Kennedy Road, Braidwood. For information, contact Heidi Miller at 815-941-3229 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Holiday Diaper Drive – Through Dec. 22, Office of State Rep. Margo McDermed, R-Mokena, 11032 W. Lincoln Highway, Frankfort; New Lenox Village Hall, 1 Veterans Parkway, New Lenox; Frankfort Township Offices at 11000 W. Lincoln Highway, Frankfort. Diapers, baby wipes, diaper rash cream.
• Kids Helping Kids program – Donate new, unwrapped toys in the bin near the exit door at Blain’s Farm and Fleet, 451 S. Weber Road, Romeoville. Blain’s will match up to $200,000 in toys across the communities that Blain’s stores serve.
• Operation Care Package – Drop off donations from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Senior Services of Will County, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. For a list of items for the troops, visit www.operationcarepackage.org.
• Remember the Troops Holiday Care Package Drive – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday, through Dec. 16, Slammers box office, 1 Mayor Art Schultz Drive, Joliet. Benefit Operation Care Package. Those who donate receive a 10 percent off coupon for use at the Slammers team store. For a list of items for the troops, visit www.operationcarepackage.org.
• Rescue Pet Christmas Tree – Pine Bluff Animal Hospital, 7995 E. Pine Bluff Road, Morris. Pick a pet off the tree and buy it a gift and an item for the shelter. Due Dec. 19. Benefits Wags to Wishes Animal Rescue and Just Animals. For information, call 815-942-5365.
• St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Stores – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., 307 N. Chicago St., Joliet; and 9 to 8 p.m., 1820 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. Monday is 50 percent off day. Seniors receive 20 percent off on Thursdays. For more information, call 815-722-1140 (Chicago Street) or 815-729-4585 (Jefferson Street).
• The Giving Tree – Through Dec. 23, Dunkin Donuts, 11212 E. Lincoln Highway, Mokena. Take a tag and help an area individual. Bring wrapped gift back to Dunkin Donuts. Attach tag to gift. Benefits FISH of New Lenox/Manhattan.
• Toy Drive Drop Site – Menards: 290 N. Bolingbrook Drive, Bolingbrook; 17441 Weber Road, Crest Hill; 3956 S. Bell Road, Homer Glen; 2524 W. Jefferson St., Joliet; 500 Menard Drive, Morris; 13441 S. Route 59, Plainfield.
• Toys for Tots collection site – RE/MAX Ultimate Professionals, 576 Brook Forest Ave., Shorewood.
• Breakfast with Santa – 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Rockdale Grade School, Meadow Avenue, Rockdale. $5 (in advance and seniors 62 and older), $6 (at door) and $3 (kids 10 and younger). Photos with Santa are $2. Bake sale, raffles, 50/50. Hosted by Rockdale School and Rockdale Lions Club. For information, call the Lions Club at 815-729-3201.
• Forest Preserve District of Will County Volunteer Workday – 8 a.m. to noon, Messenger Woods Nature Preserve, Homer Glen. For information, email email@example.com or call 815-722-7364.
• Santa Paws – Noon to 3 p.m., Crest Hill Animal Hospital, 1807 Plainfield Road, Crest Hill. Pet photos with Santa, raffles, prizes, kids’ crafts, family activities. Proceeds benefit The Bone Yard Animal Rescue. For information, call 815-729-1155.
• Holiday Joy for Veterans – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., through Dec. 17, Mokena Community Public Library District, 11327 W. 195th St., Mokena. Make a holiday card or sign a pre-made one. Cards will be mailed to the Hines VA Hospital. Open to all ages. Materials provided. Free. Contact Tracy Domzalski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-479-9663.
• St. Patrick’s Food Pantry – 9 to 11:30 a.m., 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For those living in the 60436 zip code. For information, call the St. Patrick parish office at 815-727-4746.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 9:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3:30 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Visit jobs4people.org.
• Conversational ESL – 10 a.m., Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• English as a Second Language Grammar Club – 10 a.m., Plainfield Public Library, 15025 S. Illinois St., Plainfield. Call 815-263-8145 or email email@example.com.
• Microsoft Word – 1:30 p.m., also 10:30 a.m. Dec. 15, Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. How to use Microsoft Word in job searches. RSVP at 815-723-3885 and press 0, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• After School Program – 2 to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, Boys and Girls Club, 226 E. Clinton St., Joliet. Ages 6 to 18. For rates and information, call 815-723-3434.
• Electronics Recycling – 6 to 11 a.m.; also Dec. 16, Lockport Public Works, 17112 Prime Blvd., Lockport. For information, visit www.willcountygreen.com.
• Encore Resale Shop – 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and the first Saturday of the month, Silver Cross Hospital Campus, 710 Cedar Crossings Drive, New Lenox. For information, call 815-300-7642 or the hospital’s volunteer services at 815-300-7117.
• Career Café – 10:30 a.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Joliet. RSVP at 815-723-3885 and press 0 or email@example.com.
• Computers for Seniors – 2 to 3:30 p.m., Crest Hill Branch Library, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. Learn how to use the internet. For more information, contact Amy Byrne at 815-552-4278, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Exam Cram – 4 to 8 p.m., Crest Hill Branch Library, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. Tutors and computers provided. For more information, contact Amy Byrne at 815-552-4278, email@example.com, or visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Bingo – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Electronics Recycling – 5 to 7 p.m., 57 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, visit www.willcountygreen.com.
• Bingo – 6:45 p.m., Knights of Columbus, 100 S. Infantry Drive, Joliet. Call 815-725-0746.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit midwestcrossroad.org.
• Morris Area Toastmasters – 7 p.m., Morris Hospital Education Room, 150 High St., Morris. Call Matthew Woyner at 815-478-3574 or Frank Hankins at 815-942-4733.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 9:30 a.m. to noon and from 1 to 3:30 p.m., Plainfield Public Library, 15025 S. Illinois St., Plainfield. Visit www.jobs4people.org.
• Job Fair – 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave., Suite 100, Joliet. Employers seeking drivers, forklift drivers, general laborers, independent living coach, job coaches, light assemblers, production line workers, sanitation workers, team leaders and warehouse workers. For more information, visit www.jobs4people.org.
• ESL Conversation Group – 3 p.m., White Oak Library District, Crest Hill Branch, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. Call 815-552-4185 or visit whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Manhattan Township Historical Society meeting – 6:30 p.m., Manhattan Township Historical Society, 255 S. State St., Manhattan. New members welcome. Email ManhattanHistorical@yahoo.com or visit Facebook.com/ManhattanHistoricalSociety.
• State Sen.Jennifer Bertino-Tarrant (D-Shorewood) Community Conversation – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Crest Hill Branch Library, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. For information, contact Bertino-Tarrant’s district office at 815-254-4211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Meet & Greet – 7 p.m., Frankfort Public Library, 21119 S. Pfeiffer Road, Frankfort. Lincoln Way High School District 210 School Board candidates Karen Town, Lee R. Talley, Gus Yiakos, Ben Yomtoob and Cathy Pleasant.
• CSC meeting – 8 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 9:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., Wilmington Public Library District, 201 S. Kankakee St., Wilmington.
• English as a Second Language Conversation Club – 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., Plainfield Public Library District, 15025 S. Illinois St., Plainfield. Call 815-263-8145 or email email@example.com.
• Computers for Seniors – 2 to 3:30 p.m., Crest Hill Branch Library, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. Learn how to use email. For more information, contact Amy Byrne at 815-552-4278 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Coffee with the Superintendent – 9 to 10 a.m., Troy School District 30-C district office, 5800 W. Theodore St., Door 10, Plainfield. Drop-in. For information, call 815-577-6760.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 9:30 a.m. to noon, Frankfort Public Library District, 21119 S. Pfeiffer Road, Frankfort.
• Will County Mobile Workforce Center – 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Mokena Public Library, 11327 W. 195th St., Mokena.
• Fish Fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Fish Fry – 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Stone City VFW Post 2199, 124 Stone City Drive, Joliet. Dining room opens 4 p.m. Carryouts available. Call 815-722-7122.
• Bingo – Doors open 4 p.m. Cards begin 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Fish Fry/Karaoke – Fish fry is 4 to 8 p.m. Karaoke is 8 p.m. to midnight, Cantigny VFW Post 367, 826 Horseshoe Drive, Joliet. Call 815-722-5398.
• Fish Fry – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Karaoke begins at 8:30 p.m. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Forest Preserve District of Will County Volunteer Workday – 8 a.m. to noon, Romeoville Prairie Nature Preserve. Meet at Isle a la Cache Museum, Romeoville. For information, email email@example.com or call 815-722-7364.
• Food Drive – 9 to 4 p.m., Brookhaven Marketplace, 19818 S. La Grange Road, Mokena. For more information, call 815-790-6997. Benefits FISH of New Lenox/Manhattan.
• Christmas Bake Sale – 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., St. Nicholas Orthodox Church, 1000 Barber Lane, Joliet. Potica, assorted cookie trays, nut cups, rozhki, apricot stars, Russian tea cakes, cakes made to order, poppyseed rolls. To order, call Cindy at 815-409-2047.
• A Fair Tax meeting – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Silver Spoon Restaurant, 1601 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. A lively discussion to abolish the IRS. Call 815-474-4385.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Breakfast With Santa – 8 to 11 a.m., Knights of Columbus #382, 100 S. Infantry Drive, Joliet. $8 (adults) and $5 (ages 6 to 12). Age 5 and under eat free. For more information, call 815-725-0762.
• Pancake Breakfast – 8 to 11:30 a.m., St. Anne Church, 1800 Dearborn St., Crest Hill. $7 (adults) and $4 (children). Age 3 and younger are free.
• Christmas Walk – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Our Lady of Angels, 1201 Wyoming Ave., Joliet. Tour building to view new Christmas decorations. Hot chocolate. For information, call 815-725-6631.