Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proved guilty in court.
• Franklin Alrich, 31, of the 1800 block of South Endicott Circle, Carpentersville, was charged at 8:02 a.m. July 7 with two counts of battery in the 700 block of North York Road.
• Hahsahn Haygood, 46, of the 2100 block of South Fourth Avenue, Maywood, was charged at 10:12 p.m. July 5 with aggravated batteryin the 100 block of East Brush Hill Road.
• A battery was reported at 2:16 p.m. July 7 at the Delta Sonic Car Wash, 600 W. North Ave.
• A fight was reported at 2:56 a.m. July 9 at Extended Stay America, 550 W. Grand Ave.
Four suspects reportedly lit a recycling dumpster on fire at 2:52 p.m. July 3 in the 100 block of East Third Street.
• Two credit cards reportedly were stolen between 10:30 and 11:20 a.m. July 6 from an unlocked minivan at Mitchell Avenue and Prairie Path.
• A black plastic tote reportedly was stolen between 1 and 9 a.m. July 8 from a locked van parked at Extended Stay America, 550 W. Grand Ave.
• A black wallet and a pair of sunglasses reportedly were stolen between 5 p.m. July 2 and 11 a.m. July 3 from an unlocked vehicle parked in the driveway of a residence in the 800 block of South Stratford Avenue. The wallet was found at Stratford Avenue and East Adams Street.
Controlled substance possession
• Troy Harris, 40, of the zero to 100 block of Wren Road, Carpentersville, was charged at 5:58 p.m. July 6 with unlawful possession of a controlled substance at St. Charles and Spring roads.
• Vanesa Morales, 28, of the 4800 block of North Lowell Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 2:51 a.m. July 9 with possession of controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and improper lane use at Haven Road and Schiller Street. Ronald Solarczyk, 61, of the 4200 block of West Crystal Street, Chicago, was charged at the same time and date with two counts of possession of controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia at the same location. K. Lynn M. Andruszko, 22, of the 4200 block of West Crystal Street, Chicago, was charged at the same time and date with possession of controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia at the same location.
Oscar Yescas, 37, of the 2800 block of North Springfield Avenue, Chicago, was arrested at 11:50 p.m. July 3 on two unspecified warrants out of Cook and DuPage counties and charged with aggravated DUI of alcohol, improper turn, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and driving while license revoked at York and Vallette streets.
• Volodymyr Mazur, 44, of the 2900 block of Melvina Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 1:16 a.m. July 8 with driving under the influence of alcohol, no valid driver’s license, improper lane use and violating one-way street at York Street and Eggleston Avenue.
• Sergio Hernandez, 27, of the 5600 block of North Bernard Street, Chicago, was charged at 3:50 a.m. July 8 with DUI of alcohol and illegal transportation of open alcohol in the 200 block of North Highview Avenue.
• Benito Vazquez, 21, of the 2200 block of North 77th Court, Elmwood Park, was charged at 4:49 a.m. July 8 with DUI of alcohol, operating an uninsured motor vehicle, speeding and improper lane use at North and Melrose avenues.
• Alejandra Guerrero, 26, of the 1500 block of South Luther Avenue, Lombard, was charged at 8:48 a.m. July 8 with DUI of alcohol, speeding and illegal transportation of open alcohol at Roosevelt Road and Route 83.
• Yasmin Rodriguez, 28, of the 2100 block of Lake Avenue, Whiting, Ind., was charged at 7:30 p.m. July 8 with possession of drug paraphernalia and unlawful possession of marijuana in the 300 block of West Lake Street.
• Robin Loren, 47, of the 400 block of Berteau Avenue, Elmhurst, was charged at 5:36 p.m. July 3 with public intoxication, possession of open alcohol in public, unlawful possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at North Avenue and Illinois Street.
• Two people reportedly attempted to purchase cigarettes and pop with credit cards, which were declined, at 2:36 p.m. July 6 at Old Havana Cigars, 189 E. Butterfield Road. The two suspects’ credit cards reportedly were stolen.
• A phone call asking if the vicim had applied for a Target credit card online was reported at 4:07 p.m. July 7 in the 100 block of North Clinton Avenue. The victim had not applied for the card. Other credit cards reportedly had been opened in the victim's name.
• An altered check was reported at 10:42 a.m. July 3 in the 200 block of West Van Buren Street.
• A locked bicycle and bicycle lock reportedly were stolen between 7:10 a.m. and 6:33 p.m. July 6 from a bike rack at Cottage Hill and Park avenues.
• A rear registration motor vehicle plate reportedly was stolen between 11 p.m. July 7 and 2 a.m. July 7 from a parked car in the 100 block of West Diversey Avenue.
• Elise Carr, 21, of the 800 block of Worcester Street, Westchester, was charged at 10:13 p.m. with retail theft at Kohl’s, 303 S. Route 83.
• Two unknown men reportedly stole bottles of liquor at 10:39 p.m. July 9 at Jewel-Osco, 944 S. York Road.
• Cash reportedly was stolen out of a wallet between June 16 and 21 in the 100 block of South York Road.
• Three watches were reported stolen at 12:58 p.m. July 5 from the bedroom of a residence in the 300 block of North Addison Avenue.
• A cellphone and wallet reportedly were stolen between 2 and 4:35 p.m. July 5 from a padlocked gym locker in the 600 block of North York Street.
• Cash and a cellphone were reported stolen at 7 p.m. July 5 from a purse that had been turned in to the service desk at Mariano’s, 678 N. York St.
• Items reportedly were stolen between 3:51 and 5:15 p.m. July 8 from a package delivered to a residence in the 500 block of North Indiana Street.
• A shopping cart reportedly was pushed into the side of a vehicle, damaging the right rear taillight, at 1:25 p.m. July 3 while it was parked in a parking lot, 199 S. Route 83.
• Pink hardened sterno wax and caulk reportedly was discovered at 8 a.m. July 3 on the floors, shelving units and equipment in an unlocked storage locker in the basement at OMG! Brunch and Boutique, 105 S. York Road.
• The driver’s side mirror of a vehicle reportedly was damaged at 3:08 p.m. July 9 at the East End Pool, 463 E. Schiller St.
A counterfeit $20 reportedly was used between June 16 and 30 at Hamburger Heaven, 281 N. York Road.
• Three juveniles were charged at 11:45 a.m. July 3 with violation of curfew and for being in the park after hours at Eldridge Park, 363 West Commonwealth Lane. One offender was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of alcohol by a minor. Another offender was charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• Mario Mauricio-Martin, 37, of the 10500 block of West Crowne Avenue, Franklin Park, was charged at 6:12 p.m. July 4 with disorderly conduct in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
• James Freeburn, 73, of the 200 block of Clinton Avenue, Elmhurst, was cited at 7:40 p.m. July 4 with disorderly conduct in the 100 block of East Elmhurst Avenue.
A small bag of heroin reportedly was found lying on the ground at 6:36 p.m. July 9 in a parking lot in the 400 block of Spring Road.
Benjamin Norgle, 19, of the 300 block of South Sturges Parkway, Elmhurst; Michael Stumpf, 19, of the 300 block of South Poplar Avenue, Elmhurst; and Charles Dochoff, 19, of the 400 block of East Schiller Street, Elmhurst, were charged at 11:39 p.m. July 6 with trespassing at the Elmhurst Park District East End Pool, 467 E. Schiller St.
Jack Gamperl, 18, of the 200 block of East Columbia Avenue, Elmhurst, was cited at 3:31 a.m. July 4 with loud music and possession of alcohol by a minor in the 200 block of East Columbia Avenue.
• Angel Saavedra, 19, of the 100 block of Masten Avenue in Lincoln, Del., was charged at 3:30 p.m. July 7 with improper lane use and driving while license suspended at North and Myrtle avenues.
• Eric Smith, 48, of the 200 block of North Edgewood Avenue, Lombard, was charged at 4:55 p.m. July 7 with driving while license suspended, operating an uninsured motor vehicle, operating a vehicle with suspended registration and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident at St. Charles and Spring roads.
• Jeremy Garbacz, 23, of the 2N100 block of Joyce Street, Lombard, was charged at 11:36 p.m. July 7 with no valid registration, driving while license suspended and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at North Avenue and Route 83.
• Blas Vallecillo-Muri, 25, of the 100 block of 47th Avenue, Bellwood, was charged at 11:44 p.m. July 7 with driving with improper lighting and driving without a valid driver’s license at Butterfield Road and Prospect Avenue.
• Lee Carter, 37, of the 300 block of North Lavergne Street, Chicago, was charged at 9:55 p.m. July 9 with driving without a valid driver’s license and driving with no taillights at St. Charles Road and Poplar Avenue.
• Matthew Squeo, 38, of the 8600 block of Dunbar Street, Willow Springs, was charged at 3:57 p.m. July 5 with driving with an expired driver’s license and no seat belt at Grand and Old Grand avenues.
• Lisa Lofendo, 48, of the 1100 block of North Princeton Avenue, Villa Park, was charged at 9:22 p.m. July 5 with driving with a suspended driver’s license and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at Route 83 and North Avenue.