Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proved guilty in court.
A battery was reported at 12:18 a.m. July 20 in the parking lot of Jewel-Osco, 944 S. York Road.
• A black leather backpack, which contained about $340 worth of electronic equipment, $17.93 worth of Adderall and Wellbutrin, and four credit cards, reportedly was stolen between 9 p.m. July 14 and 7 a.m. July 18 from a vehicle in the 200 block of South Berkley Avenue.
• A bag reportedly was stolen between noon and 1:22 p.m. July 22 from a vehicle that reportedly had a window smashed in at LA Fitness, 620 N. York St.
• A juvenile was charged at 4:16 p.m. July 20 with retail theft at Kohl's, 303 S. Route 83.
• Michael Berghegher, 18, of the 300 block of North Larch Avenue, Elmhurst, was charged at 4:20 p.m. July 20 with retail theft, possession of alcohol and consumption of alcohol by a minor at Jewel-Osco, 153 E. Schiller St.
• A theft of a wallet containing cash, a driver's license and credit cards was reported at 11:45 a.m. July 21 at Goodwill Store and Donation Center, 675 W. North Ave.
• Margo Pishos, 66, of the 9800 block of Garden Court, Schiller Park, was charged at 2:11 p.m. July 20 with driving under the influence of alcohol at Grand Avenue and Crown Road.
• Ricardo Diaz, 45, of the 1600 block of North 20th Avenue, Melrose Park, was charged at 5:26 p.m. July 20 with DUI of alcohol at West Avenue and First Street.
• Floriberto Lara, 50, of the 2600 block of West 23rd Place, Chicago, was charged at 9:47 p.m. July 21 with DUI of alcohol, being improperly parked on the roadway and illegal transportation of alcohol at York and Second streets.
• Alfonso Ibarez, 47, of the 500 block of Main Street, Bensenville, was charged at 2:19 a.m. July 23 with aggravated DUI, DUI of alcohol, driving while license suspended, improper lane use and failure to yield to an emergency vehicle at Route 83 and St. Charles Road.
• John C. Romanelli, 52, of the zero to 100 block of Marseille Drive, West Seneca, N.Y., was charged at 7:38 p.m. July 26 with DUI of alcohol at York and Lake streets.
• Barry Hartmann, 63, of the 100 block of North York Street, Elmhurst, was arrested at 3:34 p.m. July 20 on an unspecified warrant out of Pierce County, Wash., and charged with fugitive from justice in the 100 block of North York Street.
• Gina Polito, 38, of the 300 block of North Ridgeland Avenue, Elmhurst, was arrested at 8:53 p.m. July 19 on an unspecified warrant out of DuPage County in the 300 block of North Ridgeland Avenue.
A car reportedly was damaged between 7 p.m. July 19 and 2:30 p.m. July 20 while parked in the 500 block of South Saylor Avenue.
• Mujtaba Asif, 21, of the 1300 block of South Finley Road, Lombard, was charged at 7:29 p.m. July 20 with unlawful possession of marijuana and driving while license revoked in the 500 block of West Belden Avenue.
• Yesica Vigil, 19, of the 17W100 block of Rodeck Lane, Bensenville, was charged at 12:37 a.m. July 21 with unlawful possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving without headlights at Crestview and Michigan avenues.
• Samantha Flesch, 18, of the 800 block of South Chatham Avenue, was charged at 12:25 a.m. July 25 with unlawful possession of marijuana at Arlington Avenue and St. Charles Road.
• Jose Espinoza, 32, of the 500 block of North Wolf Road, Northlake, was charged at 2:32 a.m. July 23 with disorderly conduct at Thorntons, 476 N. York St.
• Two juveniles were charged at 11:45 p.m. July 24 with violation of curfew in the 500 block of South Saylor Avenue.
• William Reich, 18, of the 700 block of South Euclid Avenue, Elmhurst, was charged at 10:09 p.m. July 23 with possession of alcohol by a minor in the 600 block of South Saylor Avenue.
• Rachael Clark, 18, of the 1300 block of South Monterey Avenue, Villa Park, was charged at 9:05 p.m. July 26 with possession of alcohol by a minor at Lake and York streets.
• Patrick M. Sullivan, 24, of the 500 block of Sunnyside Avenue, Elmhurst, was charged at 4:55 p.m. July 20 with expired registration and operating an uninsured vehicle at Route 83 and Lake Street.
• Maria Muniz, 60, of the 900 block of North 15th Avenue, Melrose Park, was charged at 4:12 a.m. July 21 with disobeying a traffic control signal, no valid driver's license and no insurance at North Avenue and York Street.
A wallet was found at 1:34 a.m. July 22 in the beer garden of Pints, 112 S. York Road.