DOWNERS GROVE – Several streets in Downers Grove remained closed as of 12:30 p.m. Feb. 20 because of high water, according to the village's website.
The streets include:
• Highland Avenue from 31st Street south to Barneswood Drive
• Barneswood Drive, with no access to Highland Avenue
• Fairview Avenue between Sheldon Avenue and Franklin Street near Hummer Park
• 2300 to 2500 blocks of Curtiss Street
• 5200 block of Lee Avenue
• 41st Street and Glendenning Road
• 5700 block of Webster Street.
The village reminds motorists that road closures are marked with orange barricades and they should not drive around barricades and through high standing water, the website post stated.
Downers Grove will continue to monitor low-lying areas, as rain is expected throughout the day and into the evening hours, according to the post.