ELMHURST – Elmhurst Community Unit School District 205 will roll out its master facility plan presentation at a series of community meetings scheduled during May.
The first meeting will be from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. May 12 at York Community High School, 355 W. St. Charles Road, Elmhurst.
The presentation, which was previewed at the May 8 Board of Education meeting, outlines the district's vision for the future and provides information about the district, including facilities' ages and deficits, as well as enrollment data.
Proposed facilities improvements have been divided into four categories: two that support basic maintenance needs and two that feature enhancements necessary for all-day kindergarten and the creation of future-ready learning spaces throughout the district. The four options include a total of eight proposed scenarios.
Information on the cost and property tax impact of each scenario is included in the presentation.
The presentation was created based on feedback from the district's Community Advisory Team and recent listening sessions. The community meetings will be:
• 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. May 12 at York Community High School, 355 W. St. Charles Road
• 7 to 9 p.m. May 14 at Churchville Middle School, 155 Victory Pkwy., Elmhurst
• 7 to 9 p.m. May 23 at Bryan Middle School, 111 Butterfield Road, Elmhurst
• 7 to 9 p.m. May 30 at Sandburg Middle School, 345 E. St. Charles Road, Elmhurst.
School-specific informational sessions also are planned as follows:
• 6:15 p.m. May 14 at Churchville Middle School
• 7 p.m. May 15 at Hawthorne Elementary School, 145 Arthur St., Elmhurst
• 6 p.m. May 16 at Jackson Elementary School, 925 Swain Ave., Elmhurst
• 6:15 p.m. May 23 at Bryan Middle School
• 8:30 a.m. May 24 at Emerson Elementary School, 400 N. West Ave., Elmhurst
• 6:15 p.m. May 30 at Sandburg Middle School.
Information about the master facility plan is available at elmhurst205.org/masterfacilityplan.