Information in Police Reports is obtained from local police departments. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proved guilty in court.
Fifty dollars reportedly was removed from a wallet between 7 and 9:13 p.m. May 22 at a house in the 3500 block of Venard Road. There were no signs of forced entry, but the back door was open.
The rear window of a car reportedly was smashed at 11:50 p.m. May 18 when a man between 18 and 25 years old reportedly exited an SUV in the 5200 block of Fairmount Avenue, jumped on the trunk of a parked car and smashed the window with his foot. He then returned to the SUV and drove away.
Drinking in public
Anthony D. Bays, 48, of the 1000 block of 22nd Street, Bellwood, was charged at 3:08 a.m. May 17 with drinking in public in the 5000 block of Fairview Avenue.
Chester Price, 62, of the zero to 100 block of West End Avenue, Westmont, was charged at 12:53 a.m. May 15 with battery in the zero to 100 block of West End Avenue.
• A handgun and phone charger reportedly were stolen between May 12 and 18 from a car in the 200 block of South Washington Street.
• About $20 reportedly was stolen overnight May 16 from a car in the 100 block of North Williams Street.
• Jesse Brock, 23, of the 1800 block of Ogden Avenue, Lisle, was charged at 1:49 a.m. May 16 with theft after he allegedly stole a parking enforcement boot in the zero to 100 block of West 59th Street.
• A cellphone reportedly was stolen at about 10:30 p.m. May 18 from a business in the 6200 block of Cass Avenue.
• A brick reportedly was thrown at a car overnight May 17 in the 6700 block of Cedar Lane.
• A car’s driver’s side mirror reportedly was damaged May 18 or 19 in the 300 block of North Park Street.
• David Murdock, 73, of the 2500 block of Ogden Avenue, Downers Grove, was charged at 10:09 a.m. May 14 with driving on a suspended license, suspended registration and no insurance in the 400 block of South Cass Avenue.
• Dennis Sheldon, 53, of the 200 block of East 22nd Street, Lombard, was charged at 3:50 p.m. May 19 with driving on a suspended license in the 200 block of South Cass Avenue.