BERWYN – The Berwyn Development Corp. is taking a dive under the sea for its next installment of the Berwyn's Best program: Berwyn's Best Seafood.
The Berwyn’s Best Seafood contest will take place in two rounds. The first includes Berwyn-based restaurants that agreed to take part in the contest. Establishments must offer seafood on their regular menus.
The participating locations are:
• Autre Monde Cafe & Spirits, 6727 W. Roosevelt Road
• Berwyn’s Culver’s, 6943 W. Roosevelt Road
• Capri Ristorante, 6613 W. Roosevelt Road
• Czech Plaza Restaurant, 7016 W. Cermak Road
• El Nuevo Vallarta Sports Bar and Grill, 6801 W. Cermak Road
• Guadalajara Grill & Bar, 6814 W. Cermak Road
• La Lupita Restaurant, 6539 W. Cermak Road
• Lavergne's Tavern, 6546 W. Windsor Ave.
• Los Corrales Taqueria & Restaurant, 6713 W. 26th St.
• Paisans Pizzeria & Bar, 6226 W. Ogden Ave.
• Tacos Y Salsa, 6346 W. 26th St.
Round one voting consists of a poll that asks the public to select as many as five of the participating restaurants. Online voting will be available until 5 p.m. June 8 at bit.ly/BerwynsBestSeafood18.
The five most popular businesses will advance to the second round.
In round two, the top five will identify their favorite specialty seafood dish that will be used in a second round of voting, bringing together a group of local judges for a single taste-test event to compare each serving of seafood side by side. Their scores, along with another public poll, will determine the seafood that will be crowned “Berwyn’s Best.”