LOMBARD – Nine Montini Catholic High School graduates, including two from Downers Grove, were inducted Sept. 7 into the Montini Catholic High School Alumni Hall of Fame.
An induction ceremony and dinner were held at the school's field house. Following the ceremony, the inductees were honored during halftime festivities of the football game.
The nine new members join 126 fellow alumni whose names and photos adorn Montini's Wall of Fame. The inductees included:
• Tara Chocol Joyce, class of 1986: The Downers Grove native was inducted for her accomplishments as an actress in film and network and cable television.
• Nancy Kuster Economou, class of 1984: The Downers Grove business owner was Inducted for her commitment to service through philanthropic programs and community leadership as the founder and president of Watts for Love, a Downers Grove-based organization focused on distributing solar lighting to people living without access to light or a reliable energy source.
• Garrett Goebel, class of 2008: The Villa Park native was inducted for his athletic ability as a member of Montini's football and wrestling programs and as a player and captain of the undefeated 2012 Ohio State football team.
• Lt. Cmdr. Anthony Joseph Guido Jr., class of 2003: Inducted for his academic achievements at Montini, the Woodridge native received an appointment to the United States Coast Guard Academy. He is a decorated member of the Coast Guard.
• Jaleel Johnson, class of 2012: The Westchester native was honored for his exceptional athletic ability as a member of Montini's football team. He went on to play for the University of Iowa, and he is a member of the Minnesota Vikings.
• Michala Johnson, class of 2010: Inducted for her athletic ability as a member of Montini’s basketball program, the Forest Park native was a scholarship athlete at the universities of Connecticut and Wisconsin. She was selected by the New York Liberty in the 2014 WNBA draft. She also played professionally with the St. Louis Surge in the WNBA and Europe.
• Michael John Tellone, class of 1971: The Winfield resident was inducted for his dedication and leadership to the community during more than 25 years of service to the DuPage County Sheriff's Office.
• Jordan Westerkamp, class of 2012: The Glen Ellyn native is one of the most decorated student athletes in the history of the Montini football team. He played for the University of Nebraska, Miami Dolphins and Toronto Argonauts.
• Jay Williams, class of 1976: The Villa Park native was inducted for his accomplishments as a Montini student athlete, his leadership as an attorney and his contributions to Montini.