Sitting upright and keeping your back and neck straight are often encouraged by parents in the childhood years.
However, as you get older and begin to sit for long hours at a work desk or hunched over your computer, those warnings are far removed from your mind.
The result is bad posture.
Regain good posture and alleviate mild to severe pain by seeking out the services of a Downers Grove chiropractor like Dr. Mike DeCubellis at Main Street Chiropractic.
Bad posture can cause neck and back pain, resulting from the prolonged misalignment of the vertebral column.
The staff at Main Street Chiropractic has years of experience with patients who develop pain as a result of bad posture.
They have designed a series of massages and manipulations that help to rectify this problem, which do not involve medication.
The type of therapy they give to patients allows many of them to experience pain relief for the first time in a number of years.
A neutral spine has many health benefits, including preventative back pain and injury. Here are 5 simple ways you can improve your posture:
1. Sit correctly. The ergonomics of your workspace should encourage correct posture while using a computer or other electronic devices.
2. Stay hydrated. Drinking fluids will help the body maintain its elasticity and the fluid in your joints.
3. Stretch after exercise. Stretching reduces the risk of injury and helps maintain a proper range of motion.
4. Get a good night’s sleep. Sleeping on your stomach puts added stress on your back. Chiropractors recommend sleeping on your side or back.
5. Stay active. Daily exercise to maintain a proper weight, which will prevent added pressure on the skeletal system. Don’t ignore early warning signs like back pain or headaches that could indicate an injury.
Main Street Chiropractic and Wellness Center, 5157 Main Street #200, Downers Grove IL 60515, (630) 435-6461 www.chiropracticdownersgrove.com